Friday, May 04, 2007

Jammy



when I was a little girl, I reeeeeally didn't like going to school...at all! There were various reasons, but mainly, I just really enjoyed being at home. When I was at home, I could paint and draw, I could read my fairy tales, I could go and play in the field behind our house with the goats.
Where we lived in Ireland, and I've never seen them since, where these enormous toadstools. They were as big as dinner plates and would appear over night. Of course this did nothing but ignite my already over-active imagination even more.
As I grew older, and moved away from Ireland, school became even more difficult for me. The one thing that helped me through the ordeals of bullying and double physics, was my imagination. I'm soooo happy that I never lost my imagination.

So now, as a grown up little girl, I feel extremely Jammy that I don't have to go to 'the office', which really is just a school for grown ups.

I can stay at home, and paint my pictures...


...because I always believed in my imagination...

...but the Jammiest thing of all?

I GET PAID TO DO IT!

5 comments:

Catherine Hayward said...

Very jammy! I don't understand people who say the best days of your life are those you spend at school...it gets so much better!

Paula Bowles said...

Indeedy! I feel so lucky to be able to draw and live inside my imagination! I think we owe a lot of thanks to those bullies! haha!

natural attrill said...

It is wonderful to be able to earn a living sitting at home painting isnt it, we are lucky!
I know Toby finds school so time consuming, when he wants to be at home making things.
Penny.
x

Fernanda Amorim said...

I understand you perfectly!!!! I wish I could not go to work too. I would rater stay at home and sew my bags or draw my sketchs, but I need money, so, it is a little bit difficult for me to do that right now. But I will get it somehow. I am shure of it. God luck with your paintings. Fernanda

tlchang said...

I couldn't agree more. I'm currently sitting in bed, with my laptop, eating warm bagels with butter and truffle-honey from Italy, thinking that I have the best job situation and hours in the world! (well, at least when it's not the week before a big deadline).

For me, it is also Pa-jammy! Considering all the days I start or finish in the studio still in my 'jammies.

It was great getting caught up on your blog. I'm envious of your gardening advances (mine is so overgrown now that I'm a bit overwhelmed). And your mice! Incredible and so appealing! I hope you find more adventures for them.