Friday, June 23, 2006

June at the allotment












. So far I have planted out ;

Sweetcorn
Tomatoes
Various lettuce and salad leaves
radishes
cabbages (savoy)
Cauliflowers
Peas
Beans (Fire tongue & polestar)
pumpkins
courgettes
sunflowers
sweetpeas
chard
onions




I've been having serious blog guilt, I haven't posted anything for ages...
Time to catch up...

Today I went up the allotment and while Nick was doing something with my beans, he accidently disturbed a nest of little mice! Mum ran off too quick to catch her, and the babies all started scurrying off in different directions! I collected all the babies together and we made a little nest for them and covered tham up again. I hope mum comes back! They were making enough squeaking noises! I wanted to bring them home but Nick wouldn't let me :0(

8 comments:

Joanna said...

Allotment is looking great, and the mice are so sweet.

Chris.P said...

Wow!, you're so organized. My veg have been seriously attacked by slugs this year. I decided beer traps were a bit unkind, (although I did think it would be a good way for them to go !). So this year I opted for picking them off by hand by torch-light and chucking the over the fence! My neighbour is pretty horrible,he doesn't grow veg - and he's a bank manager! ;¬)

Chiris :¬)

tlchang said...

:-) I chuck my slugs over my fence to my 'evil neighbor's' yard also! (He doesn't grow anything nice, so they all probably come back - but it makes me feel better).

Darling babies...

Miss Erica said...

Thanks folks,

it's been a bit of a slow start this year!
Hmmm, might chuck a few slugs my neighbours way, with any luck they'll hit their rottwieller!

lorna said...

oh aren't those little mice so gorgeous!

fp said...

Gorgeous little mice there!
I disturbed a nest of mice whilst repairing my pond the other year, mum soon came back and moved them all to a new location lol!
I have only got Runner Beans, French Beans and Tomatoes this year. Well done for all your hard work :D

One Crabapple said...

I am a sucker for baby mice too...!

I have enjoyed looking around your blog so much this morning...You write very well.

The gardening , the BEES ! , the pink bucket, the mice....

BUT !!! Your Website was the treat of my day !

What wonderful illustrations and you are so accomplished with your children's books !

I know I will be going back again to see them all over !

See you again soon.
Love, S.

tlchang said...

MMmmmmmm! Sparkly name banner! Fun!