Tuesday, April 10, 2007

This weekend's treasure

Nick and I have had a full five days together!
We spent most of that time at the bottom of the garden, Nick building a fence, and me painting it.
I shall post a picture when it's completed...it's soooo different.

I managed to drag his nibbs out of the house yesterday afternoon for some lunch. We went to a place called "The Heart of the Shires" or "The pitts of Hell" as Nick refers to it. There's an antique shop there and the most amazing habidashery ever, ever, ever.



It's a little mini shopping village, well it's something different from the garden centre!
I bought many, many buttons and squares of cute fabric but the real find was this.





The most gorgeous little toy sewing machine from the 50's.
It's missing it's needle, so I'm going to try and hunt one down.
I haven't a clue how it works, I can't figure out where the spool is...



It's the perfect size for a cat. I'm sure Timmy and Tommy will be burning the midnight oil at the kitchen table, fashioning themselves collars and fancy jackets.

I have plans for my fabric and felt.

I will keep you all posted.

xx

4 comments:

Gretel said...

What a sweet little machine! I am in love...

I wish I had had you here to help me with the furniture business, it's all done now, but I never want to do that again...

Cathy said...

Gorgeous little machine - I'm sure the cats will get their heads around it in no time!

natural attrill said...

That sewing machine is really sweet. I hope it works.
Toby found a really tiny hand held sewing machine, second hand, but doesnt know how to thread it, I wonder if you do? or if you are searching for info for yours, would you mind keeping keep an eye out for his too? there is a pic of it on our blog (sorry if this is a bit cheeky, but I know nothing about sewing at all)
Thanks,
Penny.
x

tlchang said...

I can see a children's book now, staring the sewing-at-night cats! :-) Great visual.